Despite the variety of residential areas, future residents and investors of the emirate often prefer to buy real estate in Dubai on the islands. They are more peaceful than the bustling city, and thanks to round-the-clock security of residential complexes and neighborhoods, the feeling of safety is ever-present.
The construction of the artificial island Palm Jumeirah began in 2001, and it was already handed over for development in 2006. Today The Palm Jumeirah with its signature shape of a date palm, which can be seen through an airplane window, is one of the landmarks of Dubai and the UAE as a whole.
Features of housing on the island
The man-made island mainly offers one- to four-bedroom apartments. Villas typically feature three to seven bedrooms. Almost all houses have swimming pools, recreation areas, and parking spaces. Many villas also have special rooms for the service personnel.
The most popular Palm Jumeirah residential complexes
The most famous residential complexes in Dubai on this island include Shoreline and Golden Mile, One Palm and Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences with apartments and private residences. The island is still being built. You can buy an apartment in Dubai both in existing and new developments.
Real estate prices in The Palm Jumeirah are as follows:
- Studio apartments — from AED771,260 ($210,000);
- One-bedroom apartments — from AED1.43 million ($390,000);
- Two-bedroom apartments — from AED2.25 million ($687,000);
- Three- and more-bedroom apartments start from AED3.67 million ($1 million);
- Townhouses and villas in Dubai cost AED5.87 million ($1.6 million) and higher.
Education in The Palm Jumeirah
There are kindergartens, schools, and higher educational institutions on the island. For kids, there is Blossom Nursery with a British curriculum and Redwood Montessori Nursery, where classes are aimed at unlocking the creative potential of each child.
- The International School of Choueifat
- American School of Dubai
You can get there in ten minutes by car.
Knowledge Park, where you can get higher education in technology and humanities, is about a 25-minute drive away.
Healthcare in The Palm Jumeirah
Al Das Medical Clinic provides comprehensive patient care. The clinic is a 5-minute drive away.
Emirates Hospital Clinic offers multi-specialty medical services. You can get there in 25 minutes.
- The huge Lost Chambers Aquarium with over 65,000 marine creatures;
- Dolphin Bay Dolphinarium;
- Aquaventure Waterpark at the Atlantis hotel;
- The Pointe, a dining and shopping complex with a magnificent view;
- Nakheel Mall at the heart of the island.
Palm Jebel Ali
The second of the three Palm Islands in Dubai, Palm Jebel Ali, is located a 20-minute drive from The Palm Jumeirah. The island includes Discovery Gardens, Al Furjan, Dubai Investment Park (DIP), Wasl Gate, and Downtown Jebel Ali. In total, there are 92 residential complexes here with new developments in Dubai regularly sprouting up. The area is being built and is not yet fully populated.
Housing prices in Palm Jebel Ali
Examples of properties:
- Studio apartments — from AED488,000 ($133,000);
- One-bedroom apartments — from AED536,000 ($146,000);
- Two-bedroom apartments — from AED584,000 ($159,000);
- Spacious apartments in a new building with an area of over 800 m2 — from AED1.42 million ($387,000).
Apartments in off-plan development projects in Dubai are often cheaper than in existing developments.
A luxury villa with an area of 900 m2 or more can be purchased from AED2.24 million ($610,000).
Almost every residential complex and residence has the following:
- A pool
- Landscaped gardens
- A recreation area
- Shopping malls
- Equipped gyms
- Concierge service
- Covered parking
- 24/7 security service
The closest metro station is UAE Exchange. The center of Dubai is a 20-minute drive away, and Al Maktoum International Airport is an 18-minute drive away.
This artificial island in Dubai, located 265 meters from The Palm Jumeirah, is a pleasant place to live, relax, shop, and have fun. It is home to the world’s largest Ferris wheel Ain Dubai and Madame Tussauds. Caesars Palace Dubai offers a variety of leisure options. In total, there are more than 200 shops, restaurants, and cafes on the island. There are fitness centers and swimming pools, basketball courts and playgrounds.
Numerous transport systems and Bluewaters’ bridge make the island easy to reach. It has access to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road. The island is linked with a pedestrian bridge to Jumeirah Beach Residence.
Bluewaters Island infrastructure
Distance by car to infrastructure facilities:
- Toddler Town British Nursery (at JBR) — 25 minutes;
- Clickalt Academy Dubai — 16 minutes;
- World Fighting School — 20 minutes;
- Dubai Mall via Sheikh Zayed Rd — 29 minutes;
- Mall of the Emirates via Sheikh Zayed Rd — 20 minutes;
- Dubai International Airport — 30 minutes;
- Closest metro station DMCC — 11 minutes.
Housing prices in Bluewaters Island
Examples of residential properties:
- One-bedroom apartments — from AED2.5 million ($680,000);
- Two-bedroom apartments — from AED2.7 million ($740,000);
- Three-bedroom apartments — from AED3.57 million ($1 million);
- The average property price is AED4.48 million ($1.22 million).
All apartments in development projects in Dubai are handed over fully finished, and many properties come furnished and fitted with household appliances. This is typical of all the islands and districts of Dubai.
Why buy a property in Dubai?
Buying a property in Dubai for investors means constant dollar income. The emirate remains one of the main investment centers. The currency of the United Arab Emirates is as stable as ever: the dirham exchange rate has not changed since 1971.
Dubai is the most multinational and progressive city in the United Arab Emirates. Demand for real estate here is high and will grow even faster in the next decade. You can get advice on buying an apartment in Dubai from us. Call us and we will tell you how to start your way to your dream property.