At the beginning of 2021, amendments were made to the UAE legislation, according to which foreigners can obtain Arab citizenship, which will contribute to the development of the country. This was announced by the Prime Minister and Vice President of the country Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
In recent years, interest in this eastern country has grown tremendously. People move to the Emirates because of the high standard of living, good attitude towards immigrants. The government supports business development and does not burden them with taxes. And Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world.
- Methods to obtain citizenship in the UAE for Russians
- Benefits of Arab Citizenship
- Procedure to obtain citizenship
- Investing in Arab real estate (the UAE citizenship by investment program allows an investor and his family to obtain an Arab passport for the purchase of property and commercial buildings);
- To be a representative of a profession (scientists, doctors, engineers, artists, writers, etc.) that will increase the level of country development;
- Marry a citizen of the Emirates (a woman can apply for citizenship after having been married to an indigenous resident for more than three years and having adopted the Muslim religion. At the same time, she refuses the passport of her country);
- Live in the Emirates for more than 30 years (immigrants with a permanent stable income, who did not violate the laws of the country).
- for doctors - to have a narrow, demanded specialization; adhere to scientific methods recognized in the UAE; have scientific and professional experience over 10 years; make an important discovery or research.
- for scientists - to conduct research activities at an institute or research center; more than 10 years of scientific experience; make a contribution to science, receive a well-known award; provide a letter of recommendation from a recognized scientific institution in the United Arab Emirates;
- inventors - obtain a patent for an invention; provide a letter of recommendation from the UAE Ministry of Science; receive an award from recognized scientific organizations;
- representatives of the creative professions - receive international awards, provide a letter of recommendation from the Ministry of Culture of the United Arab Emirates;
- investors - to buy an apartment or commercial building in this country.
- Free medicine (health care system in the United Arab Emirates is at a high level, all hospitals have modern equipment);
- Free education at all levels (it is possible to receive education in another country at the expense of the state);
- Visa-free travel to more than 170 countries of the world;
- High quality of life;
- High income (if a citizen of the Emirates does the same job as an immigrant, then their salary should be 2-3 times higher);
- Financial support from the state (profit from oil sales, various bonuses and benefits).
When buying real estate citizenship in the UAE is not issued to everyone. The minimum investment amount has not yet been named, but the cost of the apartments should be more than 10 million dirhams.
When buying real estate from 1 million dirham, Russians can get a residence permit in the UAE. A residence permit in the Emirates is replaced by a resident visa. A house purchase visa is issued for 6 months, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years, depending on the location and cost of the apartment. An investor can apply for a residence visa not only for themselves, but also for their family.
Foreigners can get a golden visa when purchasing an apartment from 5 million dirhams. The visa is issued for 5 years (with property price of 10 million dirham - for 10 years), and can be extended many times. For more information, see our article “Residence permit in the UAE when buying real estate”.
You can buy real estate for citizenship for both residential and commercial purposes. One of the ways to obtain a UAE passport is to obtain a development investment patent from the country's Ministry of Economy.
According to a press release from the Emirates news agency WAM, in order to obtain an Arab passport, a candidate must be approved by one of the state bodies:
- The executive councils of the emirs;
- The Cabinet of Ministers;
- Representatives of the judiciary.
After receiving approval, the foreigner fulfills the following requirements: pledges of allegiance to the country and undertakes to comply with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
Not only an investor, but also their family can obtain UAE citizenship through the purchase of real estate.
Arab citizenship by investment does not involve giving up your country's passport. But at the same time, it is necessary to notify the relevant executive authorities in case of acquiring a new citizenship or renouncing it.
Obtaining Russian-Arab citizenship became possible only after the amendments were made to the legislation in January 2021. There is no exact information yet about whether investors will have all the rights of indigenous citizens or not. In addition, the government can revoke citizenship in the UAE when buying real estate, if the conditions of the program have not been met.
The Citizenship by Purchasing Real Estate program opens up new opportunities for Russians. An Arab passport will provide access to high-quality free medicine and education, a visa-free regime with 170 countries, it will provide an opportunity for financial support from the state, etc.
Our company will help you buy real estate in Dubai for citizenship and move to the UAE. The managers will tell you in more detail about the conditions of the citizenship by investment program in the UAE and will offer various options for real estate.